Position: Director of Community Engagement – Business and Sales Development for On-line Educational Programs
Job type: Full-time Employee. Exempt.
Schedule: Monday-Friday. Remote, hybrid, home-based and on-site position. Candidate must reside in or around Los Angeles, CA. Occasional weekends and conference travel are required.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. This position is eligible to participate in a sales incentive plan. Health insurance benefits, paid holidays, and vacation.
Dream A World Education Overview
Based in Los Angeles, Dream A World Education (DAWE) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization making a difference in the lives of children through the early childhood education curriculum, Secrets of the Heart TV (SOTH TV.) This is an arts-based digital curriculum that promotes the development of social and emotional skills and well-being by teaching children to identify and express their feelings through interactive video experiences. Currently, there are three standards-based Series: “Seedlings” for Pre-School, Series I for Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten, and Series II for Kindergarten/First Grade. In time, there will be sequential programming for all lower elementary grades that build literacy, capacity for academic achievement, and future achievement.
The Director of Community Engagement will be a full-cycle sales representative selling the Secrets of the Heart TV Pre-School, Series I, and Series II digital curriculum subscription programs to schools, school districts, community organizations, libraries, children’s museums, and other educational entities. Each 24-week subscription includes a standards-based curriculum, teacher tool kit, supplementary resource materials, music, and e-books.
We are looking for someone who is socially conscious, enthusiastic, dynamic, collaborative, passionate, confident, bold, and articulate to build and sustain relationships with public and private schools, charter schools, and community organizations that lead to them purchasing Secrets of the Heart virtual programs and incorporating the programs into their curricula. The person will be committed to the value of arts education and to improving educational opportunities and equity for children in low-income communities. Their success will generate revenue that subsidizes Secrets of the Heart programming in under-resourced schools.
The right person will have an education background (either experience selling curriculum or other schools/districts sales or administrative experience) and existing relationships in the early childhood and elementary space and the motivation and skill to develop new hands-on relationships with administrators and others authorized to purchase curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of exceptional sales performance in the K-5/education/ed-tech space and/or 2 years of education experience at the school or district level.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office tools, computer applications, CRM, business systems, and Google Workspace.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong written, oral, and presentational communication skills.
- Collaboration skills.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
Acquire New Secrets of the Heart® TV Customers
- Consistently call on/communicate with 15 new schools/districts per day.
- Effectively communicate the mission of the organization and the benefits of subscribing and renewing.
- Develop and implement a sales plan and strategies that promote programming and attract prospects.
- Accommodate prospects in local, national, and global time zones.
- Use established contacts with Pre-K to Grade 5 educational sources to identify and follow-up new leads; pursue and establish relationships with key contacts in schools, school districts, and community organizations.
- Maintain awareness of school calendars/budget processes and ensure that contact schedule fits into school/district/organizational procurement and curriculum purchasing timeline.
- Confidently and accurately demonstrate SOTH TV products virtually and in person.
- Identify local and national conference opportunities that attract SOTH TV prospects. With Executive Director approval, attend up to 4 select conferences annually, staff exhibit booth, oversee logistics of conference participation and ensure budget compliance.
- Attend networking/association/educator/child wellness and other events in person or virtually as appropriate.
- Follow up leads in timely and appropriate manner and document progress. Maintain ongoing communication via phone, email and, in person, when possible.
Support New and Renewing Customers
- Sustain and grow relationships with existing customers including ongoing follow-up to ensure satisfaction and that programming is meeting teachers’ and students’ needs.
- School renewal timeline is Jan-June when school budgets for next school year are finalized. Goal is to sell all possible grade levels. Other prospects will have unique renewal windows based on their history of usage.
- Provide online and/or in-person orientations for districts, principals, classroom teachers and program facilitators.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and encourage feedback.
- Serve as liaison between customers and SOTH TV to ensure a smooth process during launch, subscription period, renewal, and upgrade opportunities. Expedite the resolution of problems to maximize satisfaction.
- Promote all available program series and upgrade opportunities.
- Develop series package options and recommend approaches that make renewal attractive.
- Create content for the monthly customer newsletter in Constant Contact.
Manage Customer Records –Coordinate With Team Members
- Manage and maintain customer sales progress in a CRM for proper data tracking.
- Provide weekly progress report to Executive Director and attend staff meetings.
- Work with Manager of Office Operations to provide estimates and invoices.
- Work with Program Operations Coordinator to assist in integrating customers on the website “back end”, troubleshooting subscription issues, updating surveys, and ensuring that surveys are calendared to go out on time, and that “perks” advertised to teachers are honored in a timely manner.
- Maintain active firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox to support team in identifying subscriber deliverability issues and program questions.
- Meet or exceed subscription targets.
- Meet or exceed revenue target.
Other Duties As Assigned
Dream A World Education Values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Dream A World Education, we welcome and value people from all backgrounds. We are committed to equal employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
- Must have the ability to pass criminal clearance background check.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- NO HARD COPIES OR PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with this subject line: Director Of Community Engagement.